ASUS ROG GX800VH, Most Powerful Laptop / Notebook gaming successor ROG GX700 was finally officially launched in 2017 on an international scale. The birth of ASUS ‘latest masterpiece for notebook / gaming laptop products is quite time-consuming considering that the ROG GX800VH has made its public debut last year at the Computex 2016. The long wait is indeed sweet because ASUS ROG GX800VH has been equipped with the most advanced processor and graphics card components Intel and NVIDIA are currently ensuring the number one performance in terms of gaming. Of course, ASUS ROG GX800VH still bequeath the uniqueness of the previous ROG GX700 with the presence of watercooling cooling system module.
|ASUS ROG GX800VH|
Like its predecessor, ASUS ROG GX800VH Most Powerful Laptop participated in the Indonesian market since the end of March. With the “super” hardware specifications, it is not strange if the ASUS ROG GX800VH enter the Indonesian market with a selling price range of $ 7100. The selling price is fantastic and unreasonable for a notebook / laptop gaming. In this article let’s take a closer look at what kind of capabilities ASUS ROG GX800VH has to offer so it has a high selling price. Check This Out!
Intel Core i7 7820HK processor is selected to be the “smart brain” behind the ASUS ROG GX800VH Most Powerful Laptop. Launched in early January 2017, Core i7 7820HK has adopted Intel’s most advanced CPU architecture today with the codename Kaby Lake. Core i7 7820HK is a quad core processor with Hyper-Threading technology that can handle eight computing processes at once in one time. The processor has a base clock speed of 2.9 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 clock speed of 3.9 GHz when one core works, 3.7 GHz when two cores work, and 3.5 GHz when four cores work. Of course as a variant of the Intel K Series processor, the value of clock speed or working speed of Core i7 7820HK can be increased even more by overclocking. Even the Core i7 7820HK which is a notebook / laptop processor can offset the ability of desktop variants at the same clock speed value by overclocking. ASUS combines Core i7 7820HK processor with FCBGA1440 socket motherboard based on Intel CM238 chipset.
Memory capacity / RAM provided ASUS ROG GX800VH is not kidding. This gaming notebook / laptop comes with a massive memory / RAM capacity of 64 GB. With such a capacity, the owner of ASUS ROG GX800VH no longer need to think about the upgrade because the Core i7 7820HK only able to handle the amount of memory / RAM. The type of memory / RAM used is DDR4 (1.2 Volt) with a default working speed of 2400 MHz and can be increased up to 2800 MHz using Intel XMP features.
The ASUS ROG GX800VH Most Powerful Laptop was created to ensure owners get the best gaming experience and experience. Therefore it is not strange if ASUS chose the fastest gaming graphics card on earth for the notebook / laptop device that is GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X from NVIDIA. Not only that, ASUS ROG GX800VH did not use one but TWO pieces of GeForce GTX 1080 in it in a 2-way SLI configuration. Therefore it is not surprising that the ASUS ROG GX800VH is ready to “devour” the modern 3D games output now or will come with ease.
ASUS ROG GX800VH Most Powerful Laptop is of course using the GeForce GTX 1080 version of notebook / laptop but with hardware exactly the same as desktop version. NVIDIA graphics cards for desktop PCs and notebooks / laptops use exactly the same hardware for both GPU and memory / VRAM components. The difference is found only in the base speed of the GPU bit lower. GeForce GTX 1080 on ASUS ROG GX800VH has a base clock speed of GPU just 25 MHz lower than the desktop variant with the default specification.
- Operating System : Microsoft Windows 10 Anniversary Update (64-bit)
- Processor : Intel Core i7 7820HK (Base 2.9 GHz / Turbo Boost 3.9 GHz)
- Motherboard : Intel CM238 Chipset-based & Default @ 2400 MHz | XMP @ 2800 MHz
- Graphics : Discrete: 2X GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X
- Display : 18.3 inch @ 3840 x 2160 pixels @ 60 Hz
- Storage : 1536 GB / 1.5 TB (3X 512 GB RAID 0) SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4
- Wireless : 802.11a / b / g / n / ac & Bluetooth V4.1 (by Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260)
- USB 2.0 / 1.1 : 0
- USB 3.0 / 2.0 : 3 (Type-A Connector)
- USB 3.1 : 1 (Type-C Connector)
- USB 3.1 / Thunderbolt 3 : 1 (Type-C Connector)
- eSATA / USB 3.0 Combo : 0
- Display Port : 1 (Mini Connector)
- HDMI : 1
- DVI : 0
- D-Sub : 0
- Ethernet / RJ45 : 1 (by RealTek RTL8168 / 8111)
- Audio In / Out : Jack & Headphone Jack Microphone
- Optical Drive : Not Available
- Dimensions (mm) : Notebook: 458 x 338 x 45.4 (Width x Depth x Height) & Dock: 359 x 418 x 133 cm (Width x Depth x Height)
- Weight (kilograms) : 5.7 (Notebook) & 4.7 (Dock)